Nova MSC and Theta Edge forge partnership to transform Malaysia’s digital landscape

NOVA MSC and Theta Edge have joined forces to establish a strategic joint venture company (JV Co) aimed at revolutionising e-Government and advanced IT solutions in Malaysia.

The partnership signifies a pivotal moment in Malaysia’s digital transformation journey, leveraging the strengths of both companies to address critical challenges faced by government agencies and businesses, leading the way toward a more modern and technologically advanced ecosystem.

The collaboration between Nova MSC and Theta Edge will unlock the transformative potential of technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Digital Transformation, and Big Data, particularly within the construction industry and e-Government services.

The joint venture will introduce innovative practices like automated Building Information Modeling (BIM) for design validation, streamlined government processes, and integrated digital platforms.

Furthermore, the implementation of automated processes and the integration of Integrated Digital Delivery (IDD) will enhance efficiency and innovation in e-Government solutions, resulting in faster response times and increased transparency.

To back this transformation, the JV Co will receive a capital investment commitment of RM15 million, with Theta holding a majority stake of 60% and Nova MSC owning the remaining 40% through the transfer of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) for the Malaysia region to the JV Co.

The JV is currently finalising its strategic business plan to seize market opportunities.

Nova MSC’s ED, Nazerollnizam Kasim, stated, “Combining our technological expertise with Theta’s vast experience in the ICT sector, we aim to redefine e-Government and IT solutions in Malaysia.”

Theta Edge’s Group CEO, Datuk Nuraslina Zainal Abidin, expressed confidence in the collaboration, describing it as an exciting amalgamation of two industry leaders that will usher in a new era of innovation. – TMR