TRAVELLERS coming into Sarawak will no longer need to apply for EnterSarawak or fill the e-Health declaration form when the country reopens its borders on April 1.
Deputy Premier of Sarawak Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah Embas said they would only be required to download the MySejahtera app and meet all requirements needed.
Uggah, who is also the state disaster management committee chairman, said details on the standard operating procedures (SOPs) on the matter will be provided by the National Security Council soon.
“Our team is still preparing our airport, we hope when we open our border, the inconvenience at the airport will be minimised. Hopefully we will be able to set up a proper system.
“Our team is also preparing the SOPs as well as facilities. Discussion is also still ongoing with Indonesia and Brunei,” he said in a press conference at Wisma Bapa Malaysia yesterday.
Earlier this month, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that the country would enter the transition to endemic phase and that the borders of the country would be reopened on April 1.
Ismail Sabri said the move will revive the overall national economy, especially the tourism industry which had been hit by the pandemic.
Meanwhile, Uggah said as the country enters the endemic phase, SOPs for religious activities and programmes will be released by the Sarawak Islamic Council and Unit for Other Religions.
“Ramadhan bazaars and Gawai bazaars will also be allowed this year. The SOPs will be released by the state’s ministry of public health, housing and local government,” he added.