by ASILA JALIL
The Cabinet will discuss the tabling of motion on the Emergency Ordinances (EOs) in the next Parliament sitting slated in September.
In a statement today, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said the revocation of EOs by the King no longer arises after the end of the Emergency Proclamation on Sunday.
“With the end of the Proclamation of Emergency on August 1, 2021, based on the provisions of the Federal Constitution, the repeal of EO by His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong no longer arises.
“Therefore, in line with the views of His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and the provisions of Article 150 (3) of the Federal Constitution, a motion to discuss and further dismantle the emergency ordinances can be brought in Parliament which is scheduled to take place in September 2021,” he said.
He added the motion will be discussed in the Cabinet Meeting tomorrow which is expected to end the issues surrounding the revocation of the EOs.
Last week, the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) said all of the actions relating to the EOs revocation were conducted properly and in accordance with the Federal Constitution.
The statement was issued after the Palace, in a surprise move that shook the nation, announced that the Yang di-Pertuan Agong did not consent to the revocation of the six EOs, which were done without a debate in Parliament but through a Cabinet meeting on July 21.