204 staff at IDCC detected positive for Covid (Updated)


A total of 204 staff members at the Ideal Convention Centre (IDCC), Shah Alam vaccination centre have been tested positive for Covid-19. 

National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme (NCIP) Coordinating Minister Khairy Jamaluddin said the mass testing on the workers involved was done following two positive cases detected at the vaccination centre. 

“I have instructed for a mass testing to be conducted for all of the staff at IDCC after we received a report regarding two volunteers who were tested positive. 

“The mass testing was done on July 10 on all of them and to date 204 of them are positive,” he said at the press briefing today. 

He added there are 453 workers at the vaccination centre where 88% or 400 of them have been vaccinated while the remaining 12% have yet to be inoculated. 

Earlier The Malaysian Reserve reported that the vaccination centre at IDCC will be closed for one day today due to detection of Covid-19 positive cases.

This immediate closure measure was taken to enable sanitation work to be carried out, according to the Covid-19 immunisation task force (CITF).

As a precaution, the CITF also advised those present for vaccination at IDCC between June 29 to July 12, 2021 to make self -assessment and conduct a Covid-19 screening test, if found symptomatic.

Vaccine appointments that have been given will be rescheduled to a later date which will be notified as soon as possible.

Further details will be informed from time to time. Those with enquiries are advised to call 03-88934303. –TMR