Wisma Putra ready to assist haj pilgrims pending approval

by NUR HAZIQAH A MALEK/ pic by MUHD AMIN NAHARUL

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) is offering its assistance for any pilgrimage affairs for the year 1442H/2021M if the Saudi Arabia government allows haj to be performed.

Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said that currently, the Malaysian government is still waiting for an official announcement from the Saudi government whether or not the annual pilgrimage is allowed for the season.

“If Hajj is allowed and also involves Muslims from of Saudi Arabia, we need to examine the total number of Haj pilgrims from around the world allowed as well as the quota for Malaysian Haj pilgrims.

“Every agency and authority involved will need to work together to ensure the people who are going to the Holy Land to perform Hajj this year comply with each standard operating procedures (SOPs) including related vaccination requirements set by the government of Saudi Arabia,” he said in a statement.

On Monday, the Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Religious Affairs) Senator Datuk Dr Zulkifli Mohamad Al-Bakri said that the pilgrim fund Tabung Haji has been actively preparing for the operation since last year to ensure the smooth running of the pilgrimage.