by S BIRRUNTHA
THE Sri Jelutung Quarters in Mukim Bebar, Pekan, Pahang will be placed under the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) starting from March 6 to March 19.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Ismail Sabri Yaakob said this was due to the surge in Covid-19 cases, with 30 positive cases recorded and 150 close contacts identified in the locality involving the occupants of the quarters as of March 3.
“The implementation of this EMCO is to facilitate the Ministry of Health (MoH) to carry out targeted screening on the occupants of the quarters as well as to detect several other close contacts,” he said in a statement today.
Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said the EMCO in the housing estate around Jalan Telok Ira in Temerloh, Pahang will be lifted tomorrow as scheduled.
He said the MoH has confirmed that there was a decrease in cases and no more screening samples were awaiting results in the locality.
“To date, the ministry has conducted 1,573 screening tests and of that number, a total of 94 positive Covid-19 cases have been recorded,” he noted.
Speaking on Movement Control Order (MCO) violations, the minister said a total of 246 individuals had been arrested yesterday for various offences.
He added that of the total number, 234 individuals were compounded and 12 were remanded.
“Among the offences include failing to provide registration equipment to record customer details (94), not wearing face mask (55), crossing districts and states without permission (37), no physical distancing (29), nightclub activities (16), premises operating over stipulated hours (13) and others (two),” he noted.
Under Ops Benteng, Ismail Sabri said the authorities have detained nine illegal immigrants, as well as seized two land vehicles.
A total of 447 roadblocks were also set up nationwide yesterday for the purpose of monitoring and inspection.
On mandatory quarantine, the minister noted that a total of 844 individuals arrived at all international entrances yesterday, and all of them have been sent to quarantine stations nationwide.
While, a total of 7,516 foreign workers have undergone screening tests, and of that number, 68 of them tested positive.