Two ministers tested positive, more on self-quarantine

Minister of Women, Family and Community Development Datuk Seri Rina Mohd Harun said in a statement today says she was tested positive for Covid-19.
In a  statement today, Rina said that she has been admitted to Hospital Sungai Buloh for further treatment.
The Cabinet is on alert with more ministers undergoing self-quarantine as a precaution after being identified as close contact to the Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Economy) Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed who was tested positive for Covid-19 on the weekend.
At least two ministers are self-isolating themselves now namely Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department ( Special Functions) Datuk Seri Mohd Redzuan Yusof and Communications and Multimedia Minister Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah, according to a report by The Straits Times.
Mohd Redzuan said he will be screened for Covid-19 and remained quarantined as a precautionary measure.”Throughout the Cabinet meeting, there was no physical contact. We were not only physically distanced but there was also a screen between us. Also, we were all wearing masks.
“However, as an identified close contact, I will undergo a swab test as well as remain in isolation as directed,” Mohd Redzuan quoted as saying in the report.
Similarly, Saifuddin said he will be taking a swab test and would stay in isolation until given full clearance by the Health Ministry after a second screening.
The minister said he had not experienced any symptoms but will keep on monitoring himself under a home surveillance order.
During the meeting, it was reported Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin seated about seven chairs away, or about seven metres, from Mustapa.
Meanwhile,  Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia leaders who attended the recent supreme leadership council meeting with Mustapa were ordered to take Covid-19 testing.
According to the minister’s office in a statement yesterday, Mustapa was admitted to Hospital Raja Perempuan Zainab II, in Kota Bharu, Kelantan at 10.30 pm on Saturday.
He had undergone the screening test after arriving in Kota Bharu from Kuala Lumpur.
The minister had been tested before on Jan 1, the statement read.Mustapa is currently under monitoring and he is in stable condition.

He also apologised for any inconvenience caused.