The MoH’s wholly owned app is regulated under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, says Ismail Sabri
by S BIRRUNTHA / pic by TMR FILE
USERS of MySejahtera application can rest assured that their personal data are safe and fully regulated by the National Security Council (MKN).
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the application, wholly owned by the Ministry of Health (MoH), is regulated under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
He added that with strong security features, Malaysians do not have to worry about any leakage of their personal information through the app.
“The MySejahtera application complies with the international standards in protecting the confidentiality and security of users’ data.
“It is an offence if the personal data are shared by any irresponsible party and can be prosecuted under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010,” he said in his daily press conference yesterday.
Ismail Sabri said the application is fully controlled and monitored by the government to ensure the personal data of users are protected.
To ensure a balance on health, safety and economic impact of the people, he said the government has also formed the Pandemic Management Strategic Committee.
The minister said the committee comprises 10 members who are tasked to formulate short-term, medium-term and long-term action plans in facing the pandemic threat in the country.
“The draft action plan was tabled at the special meeting session with MKN, which was chaired by the prime minister on Nov 30. It will be launched soon as a reference or guideline in facing the crisis that has hit the country,” he added.
Ismail Sabri said the government has also enforced the Minimum Standards of Housing and Employment Facilities Act 1990 (Act 446) by taking action against employers who fail to provide housing facilities to foreign workers as stipulated under Act 446.
He said one of the reasons for the rapid spread of the virus among foreign workers is the overcrowded condition of their residences.
“We have been informed by the Human Resources Ministry that inspections are being carried out nationwide on the whereabouts of these foreign workers and so far, 21 investigation papers have been opened,” he said.
Ismail Sabri said the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) in three localities in Sabah, namely the Tawau Temporary Detention Centre, Sandakan Prison and Taman Wira Prison Quarters ends today. EMCO in Kampung Nahaba and Kampung Tegudon in Kota Belud also ends today.
Meanwhile, EMCO in Seberang Perai Prison and staff quarters in Penang ended yesterday.
On the other hand, EMCO in Zone B and Zone C of Taman Meru 2C in Ipoh, Perak, has been extended for seven days from Dec 4 to Dec 10.
The minister said a total of 285 individuals were arrested for violating the movement restrictions on Dec 1, in which 103 were arrested for not maintaining physical distancing.
The MoH reported 851 new Covid-19 positive cases in the country yesterday, involving 847 local transmissions and four import cases.
Health DG Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said Selangor recorded the highest number of infections again with 249 cases, followed by Sabah (229) and Johor (102).
He added that the ministry identified five new Covid-19 clusters in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur (KL) and Johor namely the Desa Pinang cluster involving KL and Selangor; Impian cluster in Selangor; Baloi cluster in Johor; Jernai and Seri Wangsa clusters in KL.
The increase in new cases yesterday brought the country’s overall total to 68,020.
There are now 10,686 active Covid-19 cases that are being treated at health facilities nationwide.
Of the total active cases reported, 122 patients were placed in the intensive care unit, with 47 of them requiring respiratory aid.
Meanwhile, 658 patients were discharged, bringing the total recovered cases in the country to 56,969, which equals to 83.8%.
Two new deaths were reported in Sabah. The deceased were aged between 63 and 84 with pre-existing health conditions. The country’s Covid-19 death toll stood at 365.