Selangor announces RM2.32 billion for Budget 2021

by ASILA JALIL/FILE PIX

THE Selangor state government unveiled its Budget 2021 worth RM2.32 billion today, slightly lower than the budget allocated for this year which was RM2.33 billion. 

Selangor Mentri Besar Amirudin Shari said 53% of the total, or RM1.22 billion is allocated for administrative cost while the remaining 47% or RM1.10 billion will go towards development expenses. 

“Taking into account the state revenue of RM2.2 billion and an estimated budget of RM2.323 billion, the 2021 Budget will face a deficit of RM123 million due to a substantive development allocation to meet the needs of sustainable development.”

”This deficit is lower than the estimated deficit for 2020 which was RM133 million,” he said during the tabling of Selangor Budget 2021 at the state legislative assembly in Shah Alam today.