165 premises fail to  record customer details

by NUR HAZIQAH A MALEK/ FILE PIX

 

Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said 165 premises failed to prepare a way for customers to register their personal details, and subsequently failed to record customer details.

This would mark the first time that the action of the standard operating procedure (SOP) enforcement task force has been mostly done on premise owners, contributing to the total of 553 that were detained.

“Following that, individuals who did not wear their face masks stood at 153, while those that failed to comply with physical distancing are 87, and 37 premises that operated outside of the permitted time,” he said at the conditional movement control order (CMCO) daily briefing today.

He added that 18 individuals participated in entertainment activities and 93 violated the SOP in other ways.

“Out of the total of 553, those that have been compounded are 532 and 21 were remanded,” he said.

The SOP task force has inspected 3,476 supermarkets, 4,907 restaurants, 1,446 hawkers, 1,543 public and wet markets, 2,999 worship places and 1,180 leisure spots.

In regards to the Benteng Ops, 46 foreigners had been arrested and five vehicles were confiscated.

“As many as 293 roadblocks were mounted nationwide, with the Royal Police Department manning 219, the Malaysian Armed Forces at 65 and the Malaysian Border Security Agency manning nine roadblocks,” he said.

Meanwhile, the public sanitation operations had been done 22 times, across 11 red zones, seven yellow zones and one green zone in six states, namely Sabah, Melaka, Pulau Pinang, Terengganu, Kuala Lumpur and Labuan.

“The sanitation operations involved 119 from the Fire and Rescue Department and 176 state authorities alongside 38 from other agencies,” he said.

On the topic of mandatory quarantine, as many as 57,396 individuals have returned from travelling overseas between July 24 to Oct 29.

Ismail said 9,221 individuals are undergoing the quarantine at 63 hotels and 17 premises.

“381 individuals have been brought to the hospital for treatment while 47,794 had been given the permission to return home,” he said.

Subsequently, the CMCO in Kampung Padang Che Mas will end on Oct 31 as scheduled.

In addition, the Hospital Medan operations have seen 163 (143 females and 20 males) non Covid-19 patients undergo treatment between Oct 20 to 29, offering treatments including anything related to obstetric and gynecology, oncology and pediatric.