Targeted enhanced MCO in Perlis, Kedah to end tomorrow

by BERNAMA/ pic by RAZAK GHAZALI

THE Targeted Enhanced Movement Control Order (TEMCO) imposed on two villages in Perlis and four mukim in Kedah will be lifted tomorrow, earlier than the scheduled end of Aug 31, said Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

He said the places involved are Kampung Sanglang and Kampung Tanah Timbul in Perlis and four mukim in Kubang Pasu and Padang Terap, Kedah.

This decision was taken because no new positive cases of COVID-19 were detected after all the residents in the affected areas had been screened by Health Ministry (MOH) personnel, he said.

“MOH had screened 1,397 residents in Kampung Sanglang and Kampung Tanah Timbul as well as more than 7,000 residents in Kubang Pasu and Padang Terap,” he added.

He was speaking at a press conference on the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) at Parliament building here today.