by NUR HAZIQAH A MALEK/ pic by BERNAMA
TWENTY individuals were detained by the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) for flouting the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) guidelines as of Saturday.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said out of the total number of detained individuals, 10 of them were remanded while the rest were charged with compound fees.
“Among the offences made against the Conditional MCO directives included karaoke activities and family entertainment centres (6), pubs or nightclubs activities (8), trying out clothing at stores (1) and activities that place difficulties on social distancing (5),” he said in a statement yesterday.
He said for the 12th day of the RMCO, the PDRM-led compliance operations task force has made 66,468 inspections on Saturday to monitor and enforce compliance of the standard operating procedure (SOP) set for the period involving a total of 3,503 teams comprising 15,432 members.
He also added that on border control, PDRM has made 60 roadblocks throughout the country and inspected 38,474 vehicles in order to curb illegal immigrant entries via rat trails.
“PDRM has managed to detain 14 foreigners using this method on immigration offences.
“The government will be taking strict actions against any parties that attempt to enter the nation’s border via illegal methods and enforcement agencies will continue to tighten border monitoring,” he said.
In addition, 49 sanitation operations covering 34 zones in nine states including Sarawak with 22 operations, Sabah (11) and Selangor (4) were conducted on Saturday.
“Since March 30, the Ministry of Housing and Local Government has conducted 8,752 public sanitation operations covering 134 zones.
“A total of 12,335 premises have been sanitised comprising 2,673 business centres, 5,221 government buildings, 1,588 residential areas including the People’s Housing Projects, 2,499 public areas and 354 supermarkets,” Ismail Sabri said.
On mandatory quarantines, he said as many as 528 nationals have returned to Malaysia from Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Japan, Vietnam and Netherlands.
“Five hundred and twenty-six individuals were ordered to undergo mandatory quarantine process at home whereas two individuals were brought to the hospital,” he said.
Between June 10 and 19, the Ministry of Health (MoH) performed 7,182 screenings at all entries in the country and found that 7,158 individuals were not Covid-19 positive but are undergoing home quarantine.
The remaining found to be Covid-19 positive had been brought to the hospital for treatment. Ismail Sabri also said the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) performed 16 construction site inspections nationwide, involving 24 enforcers.
“Out of the total, the inspection by CIDB found that three sites complied with the SOP, and two did not and had been warned, while 11 sites were not operational.
“The total number of construction sites that complied with the SOP as of Saturday stood at 2,176 sites. Four hundred and twenty-one sites that did not comply were given warnings, and 19 sites that did not follow the SOP had been ordered to close by the CIDB enforcers,” he said.
In addition, he said following a special meeting with ministers, it has been agreed upon that wedding ceremonies for non-Muslims are allowed.
“The permission that has been given is for non-Muslim wedding ceremonies to take place at worship places and any non-Muslim religious associations which involve a marriage registrar assistant appointed under Section 28 of the Law Reform Act 164 of Marriage and Divorce.
“The wedding ceremony should not exceed 20 people including the marriage registrar assistant and is subject to the house of worship’s capacity, or non-Muslim religious associations and social distancing,” he said.
The ceremony would have to comply with the SOP set by the National Security Council and MoH, while reception ceremonies are still not permitted.