by BERNAMA/ pic by BERNAMA
THE Malaysian Tenpin Bowling Congress (MTBC) is patiently awaiting the green light from the Ministry of Youth and Sports (KBS) to start national team training.
Bowling and badminton are among the non-contact and indoor sports allowed during the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) period beginning today till Aug 31, as announced by the Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin on Sunday.
The bowling alleys can start operating from Monday (June 15) to allow the public to enjoy their hobby, but the national keglers still need to wait for the detailed guidelines and standard operating procedure (SOP) from KBS before resuming training at the Sunway Mega Lanes.
However, MTBC Secretary-General Maradona Chok said even after waiting patiently for almost three months since the MCO was imposed on March 18, there would be no harm to wait a little longer for safety purposes.
“We will patiently wait for the green light as we know KBS and National Sports Council (NSC) have been working hard to get sports back on track and we are very appreciative of their efforts.
“Priority will still be on the safety of our athletes and coaches. Some of our athletes are still in their respective hometowns, but definitely looking forward to hitting the lanes,” he said when contacted.
Meanwhile, Maradona said no decision had been made on the hosting of the 41st Malaysian Open scheduled for Nov 22-28, after being postponed from its initial date of March 26-April 4.
Although the government allows the training of several sports, no competitions allowed throughout the RMCO period.