by BERNAMA/ pic by BERNAMA
Following are statistics made available by Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad during his press conference after making a working visit to the KL International Airport and Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (klia 2) today.
● No tourist arrivals from Wuhan, China since Jan 23, the same day the Chinese authorities imposed a lock down on the city, which is ‘ground zero’’ for the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak.
● Number of positive Wuhan coronavirus cases in Malaysia as of Sunday (Jan 26) remains at four.
● Pending cases – those awaiting lab results- number five, all involving Chinese nationals. Two are in Langkawi, two in Kuala Lumpur, and the latest in Bintulu, Sarawak.
● Cumulative cases for persons suspected to be infected by the coronavirus is 38, with one confirmed positive, 32 negative, and five awaiting lab results (the cases in Langkawi, Kuala Lumpur and Bintulu) (The confirmed cases includes the patient who tested positive under the cumulative cases)
The other three were the wife and two grandsons of a Chinese national from Wuhan hospitalised in Singapore for the disease. They had entered Malaysia via Johor.
● As of 3 pm on Sunday (Jan 26) , 164,692 incoming travellers were screened at the country’s entry points with nine referred for further screening but none meeting the criteria for Patient Under Investigation for coronavirus