Anwar ready to give statement to police over alleged sexual assault

by BERNAMA

PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim (picture) said he is ready to give his statement to the police to assist in the investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct against him.

“In light of the latest allegations against me, I would like to thank the police for expediting their investigation.

“I would like to stress that I am ready to give my statement to the police as soon as possible to facilitate investigation on the matter,” he said in a statement today.

Earlier today, Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department director Datuk Huzir Mohamed said police would be calling Anwar and several others to record their statements in connection with Muhammed Yusoff Rawther’s allegations that he was sexually assaulted by the PKR president.

He said these individuals would be called up to record their statements once police have obtained agreeable appointment dates.

Yesterday, Muhammed Yusoff had turned up at Bukit Aman for the second time to have his statement recorded further pertaining to the case.

Last Saturday, the media reported that Muhammed Yusoff had lodged a report at the Sentul district police headquarters here to enable police to investigate his allegations and also in the same report, he had expressed concern over his safety, claiming that he had received threats from certain parties.

On Dec 4, Muhammed Yusoff had made a statutory declaration public, alleging that he was sexually assaulted by Anwar on Oct 2 last year, but was strongly denied by the PKR president saying that he was busy campaigning for the Port Dickson parliamentary by-election at the time of the alleged incident.