Azmin has given statement to the police, says lawyer

by AZREEN HANI/ BERNAMA PIC

Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali has given his statement to the police yesterday on a controversial sex video which has been linked to him recently.

Azmin’s lawyer, N. Surendran said that Azmin had been contacted by the police on Sunday (June 16) to assist into investigations pursuant to a police report lodged by his political secretary on the circulation of the sex videos.

“There are obvious signs of an organised and systematic attempt to discredit and bring down the Minister with this false and malicious attack. The perpetrators had access to leaked personal data of party members, sophisticated means and a clear political agenda,” Surendran said in a media statement today.

He added that the videos are “a slanderous and politically motivated attack” against the minister.

Last week, Azmin had denied allegations of a sexual tryst with a man shown in a video,  saying the video is part of a series of concerted attempts over the past few months to vilify him, which include intimidation against the safety of his family, and vile and baseless accusations of corruption.

On Saturday, the man who admitted to being in the sex video, Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz clip was released on police bail after one guarantor had posted his bail at the Dang Wangi district police headquarters.

He was arrested at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport on Friday evening.