Najib’s application to strike out Deepak’s RM676m suit to be heard on April 4

The applications by former Prime Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Najib Razak and three others to strike out the RM676 million suit by carpet businessman JR Deepak Jaikishan will be heard on April 4.

Lawyer Irzan Iswat Mohd Noor, representing Deepak, 46, said the hearing would be before High Court Judge Datuk Azimah Omar.

“Among the grounds given by all the defendants to strike out the suit was that they were not involved in the alleged conspiracy,” he told reporters after the case management before deputy registrar Farah Shuhada Ramli in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

On Oct 12 last year, Deepak filed the suit claiming that he had suffered losses due to conspiracy, fraud and undue influence by the defendants in a property deal that allegedly caused his company to suffer huge losses.

Deepak claimed that as a director and majority shareholder of Astacanggih Sdn Bhd, he had signed a land deal with the director and majority shareholder of Awan Megah (M) Sdn Bhd, Raja Ropiaah Raja Abdullah, over three pieces of land, involving 181.9ha in Mukim Kapar, Klang, and Mukim Bukit Raja in the Petaling district.

He claimed that a deposit payment of RM13 million had been made by Astacanggih to Awan Megah and a land bond for RM72.5 million from Kuwait Finance House (M) Bhd was submitted to the then government.

However, he claimed Awan Megah refused to produce the original land titles for transfer to Astacanggih.

Deepak claimed that as a result of the conspiracy and interference from Najib and his wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansur, he was forced to sell 80% of his shares in Astacanggih to Boustead Holdings Bhd. — Bernama