- UPS introduces UPS My Choice in Asia Pacific, Africa, the Indian Sub- continent, Caribbean and Central and South America, Middle East, and Oceania, marking the largest expansion since the service’s launch
- Expansion offers users enhanced visibility in 96 new countries and territories with the opportunity to control delivery dates and locations where available
- Consumers get more convenience and control, while businesses can adopt a more agile and responsive delivery experience
- UPS My Choice membership exceeds milestone of 52 million worldwide enrollments
KUALA LUMPUR, October 12, 2018 – UPS® (NYSE: UPS) today announced the global expansion of UPS My Choice service to 96 additional countries and territories, bringing the total to 112 served. With the entrance into countries and regions in Asia Pacific, Africa, the Indian Subcontinent, Caribbean and Central and South America, Middle East and Oceania, and an expansion in Europe, this package-delivery management service has the ability to help more busy consumers and consignees around the world to track, schedule, and redirect their packages—just in time for the peak holiday shipping season.
In Asia Pacific, UPS My Choice will be introduced in 13 markets1, including Australia, China, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. This expansion, the largest since the service was launched seven years ago, comes as membership in UPS My Choice crosses the 52 million-member mark worldwide. This combination of scale and geography provides shippers a distinct advantage as cross-border shopping increases.
- Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- “The introduction of the UPS My Choice service in Malaysia will allow consumers here to track their packages effortlessly with a few simple clicks, so they can better manage their day and receive their packages without hassle,” said Carrie Tan, Marketing Manager, UPS Malaysia. “Furthermore, this service will benefit SMEs that engage in e-commerce, allowing them to easily manage visibility of their shipments and improve the delivery experience for their customers.”
Every UPS My Choice user will have access to e-mail and text notifications that a delivery is on its way, a day before delivery alert and a delivery notification. In countries and territories where technology allows delivery change options, users can route packages to another address, opt to hold the delivery or reschedule for delivery on another day.
The expansion, which takes UPS My Choice service far beyond the original 16-country-and-territory footprint, comes in two phases: The first brought the service to 48 additional locations worldwide over the summer. Phase two, which includes another 48 countries and territories, begins this month.
This service expansion is reflective of the impact e-commerce is having on global and intra-Asia trade. According to the 2018 global UPS Pulse of the Online ShopperTM study, consumers in Asia are increasingly shopping beyond their own borders to buy from overseas retailers, with 55 percent of respondents indicating that they had made one or more international e-commerce purchases within the three months prior to the survey. Among those, 77 percent were purchased from retailers based in Asia.
“While UPS has offered package tracking for more than a quarter of a century, we know that consumers today expect even more flexibility, control and convenience,” said Ross McCullough, President, UPS Asia Pacific Region. “The expansion of UPS My Choice into Asia, and other regions of the world, will equip both shippers and consumers with the tools they need to keep businesses and personal schedules running more smoothly, leading to a happier and easier transaction for everyone involved. With a new member signing up for UPS My Choice every four seconds, it’s easy to see that the benefits are valuable to online shoppers.”