By BERNAMA / Pic by Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat
A Bangladeshi electrical wiring worker sustained injuries after falling from a height of about 12m when the plaster ceiling collapsed in the lobby of a leading hotel in the capital, early yesterday morning.
According to a Kuala Lumpur (KL) Fire and Rescue Department spokesman, the 3.40am incident occurred while the victim was repairing the electrical wiring on the inside of the building’s ceiling.
“Five fire-engines with 26 personnel from three Fire and Rescue stations, namely from the Pantai, Hang Tuah and Seputeh stations were deployed to the scene.
“The victim suffered injuries to the head from the ceiling collapse which covered an area of 1,500 sq m,” he said, when contacted by Bernama yesterday.
The spokesman said the injured worker was sent to the Universiti Malaya Medical Centre and his condition was reported to be stable.
Earlier, several pictures featuring part of the collapsed ceiling structure of the hotel went viral on social media yesterday. — Bernama