Govt to release full MH370 report on July 30

By AFIQ AZIZ / Pic By TMR

The full investigation report on the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 will be revealed to the victims’ next- of-kin (NOK) on July 30, said the Transport Ministry.

Its Minister Anthony Loke (picture) said the MH370 probe team led by Datuk Kok Soo Chon will give an exclusive briefing to the NOK, before a press conference on the same day.

“The investigation team will have an absolute freedom to answer any questions by (the family members and) the media.

“It will be fully tabled, with- out any editing, additions, or redactions,” Loke told reporters in Putrajaya last Friday.

He assured that no words from the report will be touched by any parties to ensure its transparency.

The Cabinet, he said, has given the approval to reveal the full report in the latest meeting. A full set of the report will be given to the family members, media organisations which attended the press conference and all embassies before it is tabled to the Parliament on the next day, July 31. The online version will also be uploaded on the ministry’s website for global public access.

“The whole international community will have access to the report,” he added.

Flight MH370, carrying 239 people, vanished enroute from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014, becoming one of the world’s greatest aviation mysteries.

The Transport Ministry subsequently established an independent safety investigation team under the Malaysia Civil Aviation Regulations 1996 known as the Malaysian ICAO Annex 13 Safety Investigation Team for MH370.

The Pakatan Harapan government had promised to release the long-awaited report on MH370, as the privately funded underwater search by Ocean Infinity Ltd ended in May.

To date, the only confirmed traces of the Boeing 777 aircraft were three wing fragments washed up on Indian Ocean coasts.

The search was called off on May 29, having covered 112,000 sq km in the southern Indian Ocean within three months, with no significant discoveries.

The NOK of MH370 victims have previously urged the Malaysian government to revisit the probe, including on any possibility of falsification or elimination of records related to MH370 and its maintenance.