IJN and Selgate to build specialist hospital

By FARA AISYAH / Pic By AFIF ABD HALIM

IJN Holdings Sdn Bhd entered into a strategic partnership with Selgate Corp Sdn Bhd to build the IJN Selgate Specialist Hospital in Shah Alam, Selangor, that would cost RM250 million.

IJN Holdings group CEO Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Azhari Yakub said the company’s first expansion of its cardiac care facility has always been a part of its strategic plan.

“Our plan is to provide an affordable cardiac centre for patients in Malaysia. To do this, IJN has to be more accessible to the public,” Dr Mohd Azhari told reporters at the signing ceremony in Shah Alam yesterday.

The partnership is to provide multi-disciplinary healthcare that includes pediatrics, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynaecology among others — at a more affordable price, that the low and medium income people can benefit from.

Selgate group CEO Noor Hisham Mohd Ghouth said the construction work is expected to start in the third quarter of 2018 (3Q18) and is expected to be operational in 4Q20.

“The land belongs to PKNS (Selangor State Development Corp) and is currently being leased by Tesco Extra in Section 13, Shah Alam.

“Once they move out in February next year, we will start all the necessary submission. We want to complete all the land matters first,” Noor Hisham told reporters.

The hospital which will offer a total of 259 beds, will be built in the Selgate Medical City — adjacent and interconnected to the upcoming Malawati LRT station that would serve as one of the main stations in the Light Rail Transit Line 3 (LRT3) of the Bandar Utama-Klang line.

This cohesive infrastructure and high network accessibility will help promote medical tourism that would contribute to the state’s revenue.

Meanwhile, Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali (picture) said the development of the IJN-Selgate Specialist Hospital will highlight the state as one of the main players in healthcare.

“The state government will continue to provide healthcare for the low- and middle-income earners as we commemorate the improvement of health services and competence.

“In fact, I will be tabling the Selangor budget this Friday on the state government’s plan to bring integrated health services to the people,” Mohamed Azmin said during his speech yesterday.

IJN will own a 60% stake in the hospital’s development as well as operation, while Selgate will own the remaining 40%.